Yarramalong Recreation Centre
Yarramalong Recreation Centre is a campground located in Moogerah Dam.
Quick navigate Moogerah Dam Campgrounds and RV Parks
The information displayed here is displayed 'as is'. Also check the website ( if listed ) for up-to-date information, prices and availability. Stay Australia is not responsible for the content of external websites. If you are the owner or operator of Yarramalong Recreation Centre and wish to update or modify the content on this page including room details, specials and getaways or availability, please use our submission page.
Reviews for Yarramalong Recreation Centre, Moogerah Dam
The comments and opinions expressed on this page are those of visitors to this site, and not of and or its parent companies.
Fri 06 Apr 2012
Positives: - The scenery is remarkable
- The grounds hosted a concert/sing-along on Easter Saturday that was fantastic
Negatives: - Only four female toilets that could not manage the Easter week-end peak. One of them stopped working on the first day. On the second day the water ran out and toilets no longer flushed.
- Showers stopped working in the second day. They were fed by rainwater tanks that had run dry.
- The website clearly states that there is a kiosk where you can buy basics like milk, bread, drinks, band-aids, matches, tea and spray. There is no kiosk. I was directed to the local petrol station which sold all of these things at vastly inflated prices ($3.50 for can of softdrink, $7.00 for a dozen eggs, $4.20 for two litres of no-name milk).
- The advertised BBQs did not work.
- The eating shelters were decrepit.
- The website does not mention that the campsite is only accessible over a rutted, unpaved, hilly road that would turn to sludge if it rained.
Comments: Camping at Yarramalong was the most disappointing holiday experience I have ever had. It was run down, dirty and poorly managed.
Mon 11 Oct 2010
Negatives: This camp ground should be closed down, it is very run down with almost nothing advertised on the web site actually up and running or working.
Comments: Most of the Facilities listed on the web site do not exist or are very run down, of the 8 toilets only 2 worked in Men's and 2 in Woman's, they were not cleaned at all while we were there, 8 showers but only 6 working, lights in both toilets and showers not working. BBQ's not working, kiosk looked abandoned a long time ago, full of broken glass and rats. Recreation hall again full of broken glass, no lights and full of rats, we were unable to use the table tennis or the pool table.
Please note map locations may based on either the address, the town or based on the location of the listed properties zip / postcode.
Any prices displayed for Yarramalong Recreation Centre should be used as a guide only and may vary with room and dates chosen. Lower pricing may be available via the booking system if available. Not all properties are available for online booking. Please note all distances shown are approximate, and may not reflect driving or travel distances.